Last updated: May 26, 2023
These terms and conditions ("Terms") govern your use of the BiggerBlueButton video conference platform ("Service") provided by Biggerbluebutton L.L.C registered in United Arab Emirates (License No."1086539"). By using the Service, you agree to comply with these Terms. Please read them carefully.
1. Intellectual Property
- 1.1. Ownership: All content, materials, and intellectual property rights on the Biggerbluebutton.com website and services owned by Biggerbluebutton or its licensors. You may not use, reproduce, or distribute any content without prior written permission from Biggerbluebutton.
2. Acceptance of Terms
- 2.1 By registering and using the BiggerBlueButton hosting platform, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agreed to these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms, you may not use the Service
3. Responsibility for user and end users
- 3.1. You are solely responsible for your use of the Service and for complying with all applicable laws and regulations.
- 3.2. You agree not to use Biggerbluebutton video conference or any other service offered by Biggerbluebutton for any illegal, unauthorized, or unethical purposes. This includes but is not limited to infringing upon intellectual property rights, transmitting harmful or offensive content in the meetings, or engaging in any activity that disrupts or interferes with the proper functioning of the Service.
- 3.3. You are responsible for any content you upload, share, or transmit using the Service or during the video sessions. You affirm that you have the necessary rights or permissions to use and share such content.
- 3.4. Use of the Services; End User Responsibility. You will, and you will cause your End Users to, abide by and ensure compliance with, all the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Use of the Services is void where prohibited. You are responsible for you and your End Users’ access to and use of the Services and Software. You are responsible for the activities of all your End Users, including ensuring that all End Users will comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement and any applicable BiggerBlueButton policies. You acknowledge that you remain liable for the acts and omissions of any third party that you allow, enable, or otherwise provide access to the Services or Software, whether or not such access was expressly permitted by BiggerBlueButton.
- 3.5. Violations by End Users or Third Parties. BiggerBlueButton assumes no responsibility or liability for violations of this Agreement by End Users or any other third party that you allow, direct, or enable to access the Services or Software. If you become aware of any violation of this Agreement in connection with use of the Services or Software by any person, you must contact BiggerBlueButton support team at email@example.com .
- 3.6. Liability for Content and Data. Under no circumstances will BiggerBlueButton be liable in any way for any data or other content viewed while using the Services, including any errors or omissions in any such data or other content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of, access to, or denial of access to any data or other content.
- 3.7. Investigation of Use. BiggerBlueButton may investigate any complaints and violations that come to our attention and may take any action, in its sole discretion, including issuing warnings, suspending or disconnecting the Services or Software, removing the applicable data or other content, terminating accounts or End User profiles, or taking other reasonable actions in its sole discretion.
4. System Requirements
- 4.1. Your use or access to BiggerBlueButton platform requires one or more compatible devices, Internet access, and certain third-party software (internet browser) chrome or safari or firefox, and you may be required to obtain updates or upgrades from time to time for the web browser, which may result in additional costs to you. Because use of the Services and Software involves hardware, software, and Internet access, your ability to access and use the Services and Software may be affected by the performance of the foregoing. High-speed Internet access is recommended. You are solely responsible for any fees that may apply to your access to or use of the Services and Software, including fees for hardware, software or Internet access. You agree that the foregoing requirements are your responsibility, and BiggerBlueButton may, in its sole discretion, discontinue availability or compatibility of the Services or Software, on a particular operating system, device, or platform (old devices).
5. Use of Services
- 5.1 Eligibility: You must be at least 18 years old and have the legal capacity to enter into a binding agreement to use our services.
- 5.2 Account Registration: In order to access certain features or services, you may be required to create an account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account information and for all activities that occur under your account.
- 5.3 Prohibited Activities: You agree not to engage in any activities that are unlawful, violate the rights of others, or interfere with the proper functioning of BiggerBlueButton.com website or services.
6. Service Description
- 6.1. Biggerbluebutton is video conferencing system designed and built to provide stable and reliable virtual meetings for webinars and distant education.
- 6.2. it provides access to virtual rooms with set of tools to enhance the collaboration during the meeting
- 6.3. it also provides hosting and access to the BigBlueButton video conferencing servers to be integrated with third party platforms including learning management systems with additional features and enhancements as provided by BiggerBlueButton.com.
- 6.4. The features and functionality of the Service may be subject to change or modification at the discretion of the Provider. We will strive to notify you in advance of any significant changes that may affect your use of the Service.
7. free trial7.1. Free trial eligibility
- 7.1.1. The free trial offer is available to new customers with no previous subscription only.
- 7.1.2. The free trial offer is limited to one per customer or per household.
- 7.1.3. We reserve the right to determine eligibility and may refuse to provide the free trial service to any individual or entity.
- 7.2.1The free trial period begins on the date you sign up for the service and ends on the specified expiration date or after the trial duration indicated on our website or promotional material.
- 7.2.2 During the free trial period, you will have full access to all features offered by the paid subscription to provide a proof of concept for clients.
- 7.3.1 You may cancel your free trial at any time before the trial expiration date to avoid being charged for the paid subscription.
- 7.3.2 If you do not cancel the free trial before the expiration date, your subscription will automatically convert into a paid subscription, and you will be billed according to our standard pricing and billing terms.
- 7.3.3 You can cancel your free trial directly from “my subscriptions” page or contact our customer support.
- 7.4.1. You agree not to abuse, misuse, or access the free trial service for any unlawful or unauthorized purposes.
- 7.4.2 Any content you generate or upload during the free trial is subject to our standard terms of service and content guidelines.
- 7.5.1. The free trial service is provided "as is" without any warranty or guarantee of any kind, either express or implied.
- 7.5.2. We disclaim all warranties, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
- 7.6.1. We shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or exemplary damages arising from or in connection with your use or inability to use the free trial service.
- 7.6.2. In no event shall our total liability to you for all damages, losses, or causes of action exceed the amount paid by you, if any, for the free trial service.
- 7.7.1. We reserve the right to modify or terminate the free trial offer at any time without prior notice.
- 7.7.2. We may change these terms and conditions at our sole discretion. Any changes will be effective upon posting the revised terms and conditions on our website.
8. Payments and Refunds
- 8.1. The Service is available on a subscription basis, either monthly or annually, as selected during the registration process. Fees for the chosen subscription plan will be charged in advance.
- 8.2. If you choose monthly subscription plan, you have the option to request a refund within 7 days of your initial purchase. After the 7-day refund period, refunds will not be provided for the subscription.
- 8.3. If you choose Annual subscription plan, you have the option to request a refund at any time during the year with fair refund calculated by a simple equation: (annual plan price – (total number of months used * monthly plan price)
- 8.4. All fees and charges are non-refundable after the applicable refund period has elapsed.
- 8.5. In case you didn’t pay your outstanding invoices on due date then you will receive several warning emails until we suspend your account and then will lock your Biggerbluebutton account and you will not be able to access all your Biggerbluebutton resources including meeting data and recordings until you pay all your outstanding invoices.
9. Limitation of Liability
- 9.1. The Provider shall not liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or special damages arising out of or in connection with your use of the Service, including but not limited to damages for loss of profits, data, or other intangible losses, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
- 10.1. You may terminate your account and subscription at any time by following the provided instructions. Upon termination, your access to the Service will be revoked, and any remaining subscription fees will not be refunded (please follow refund policy section 8).
- 10.2. The Provider reserves the right to suspend or terminate your account and access to the Service, without prior notice, if you violate these Terms or engage in any activity that may harm the Service or other users.
11. Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
- 11.1. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of [United Arab Emirates/Dubai]. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in [United Arab Emirates/Dubai].
- Biggerbluebutton LLC. reserves the right to modify or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any changes will be effective immediately upon posting the updated version on our website. Your continued use of our website or services constitutes acceptance of the modified Terms and Conditions.